Peacocks per gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two 55 gallon tanks that I am thinking about connecting via a water bridge. With 110 gallons of water how many peacocks can I put in them? I currently have 8 adults and some fry in one of the tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was told I could have anywhere between 15-20 to 20-25 in my 55 gallon that I'm currently in the process of getting setup. We just moved so its coming together slowly. Keep us updated this sounds like an awesome build! Never heard of a water bridge how do you do it?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Either a piece of pvc pipe with two 90 degree elbows or make a U shaped box out of glass or acrylic. Seems pretty easy to do

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was told I could have anywhere between 15-20 to 20-25 in my 55 gallon that I'm currently in the process of getting setup. We just moved so its coming together slowly. Keep us updated this sounds like an awesome build! Never heard of a water bridge how do you do it?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I disagree entirely with the upper spectrum of this. In no way are 20-25 peacocks acceptable in a 55. 15-20 is out there too. These guys can easily hit 5+ inches, at absolute most 12-14 in a 55 gallon.

As for the op, I don't think the "water bridge" will be quite that simple but theoretically in 110 gallons I would still stick to around 12-14 per 55 so between 24-28 between the two split evenly. Not only bio load is to be considered here but also the territorial nature of these fish. A single dominant male claims over half of my 60 gallon tank as his.

Back
Top Bottom