Pearl Danios picking on Harlequin Rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium newbie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help! I'm new to this hobby and recently completed a fish in cycle with Pearl Danios. I have a 36 g bow front and 7 Pearl Danios. I added 6 Harlequin Rasboras yesterday. The Danios are relentlessly picking on them so the Rasboras spend most of their time hiding. I can only account for 4 Rasboras so hopefully the other two are just hiding really well. I keep checking on them hoping they'll settle down, but I noticed that one of the Rasboras is missing most of its tail fin now. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I had an issue with my zebra danios being nippy. I had to rehome them. They are now in a school of about 8 or 9 and are much better. I hope they get better!

Help! I'm new to this hobby and recently completed a fish in cycle with Pearl Danios. I have a 36 g bow front and 7 Pearl Danios. I added 6 Harlequin Rasboras yesterday. The Danios are relentlessly picking on them so the Rasboras spend most of their time hiding. I can only account for 4 Rasboras so hopefully the other two are just hiding really well. I keep checking on them hoping they'll settle down, but I noticed that one of the Rasboras is missing most of its tail fin now. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I have some Pearl Danios in my tank. I suggest you get 3 Giant Danios. The Giant Danios won't pick on other fish & they might keep the Pearl Danios "in check." Hope this helps. :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom