Pearl Gourami alone... should I get him a mate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blairan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and very excited about all I've learned from going back and reading old threads. Something has been on my mind thought lately re: my tank so I thought I should take the plunge and post my first thread...

I had a male and female pearl gourami pair for quite some time in my 65 gallon aquarium. About 6 months ago, the female died from unknown causes. Since then I've wondered if my leftover guy needs a new mate or not. Also, he is pretty large and the females that I've seen for sale at the lfs are always quite a bit smaller, but I don't know if that matters or not. Any thoughts?

Hey man! Thanks for the reply... I see you have gouramis too. What kind do you have in your tank?

Maybe go for 2-3 females that way your male won't stress them out as much if he follows them about

if u have the space might as well in my experience they are always are more lively when they have a few of the same species

Thanks for the tips! Once I get my water quality stabilized I will probably try to get a couple of females for him.

Back
Top Bottom