Pearl gourami- blotchy skin. Slime coat? Fungus? Normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently bought a female pearl gourami from the LFS, as I am considering trying my hand at breeding my male- just for fun.
When she arrived she was quite battered. I let her stay at the LFS for 3 weeks, checking to see if she was still there every Monday. I eventually decided to buy her, since she had survived in the LFS tank for a while and she struck me as hardy, and she looked lonely all by herself!

Her fins have grown back, but she is quite dull looking. In certain angles of light her skin looks blotchy.

Is this her slime coat rubbed off? My male never looked like this in the light. She's kinda lumpy too. But that could be her feminine curves ;)

I notice she sometimes twitches and energetically swims around a bit. I don't see anything immediately wrong with her, but she does not strike me as healthy...
What else is new from my LFS....

bruinsbro1997 said:
What is your ammonia, nitrites and nitrate concentration?

I just finished testing. Here we go

Ph 8.6ish
Nh3 0
No2- 0
No3- 10ppm

These readings are consistent with what they were last Monday.

I should also add she has been in my care for 1 week, and I've been waiting to see if her skin becomes her normal. But she arrived that way and is still that way. How unsightly.

The people still looks the same, no change in her blotchiness.

She looks quite droopy. Her tail just kinda droops down. She doesn't swim around much. She just kinda floats around like, "Oh am I still alive? I hadn't noticed" ;)

She has ich!
Maybe that's why she's occasionally twitchy?? I have never seen her flashing.

Back
Top Bottom