Pearl gourami problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan1984

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I've now had my aquarium in my living room for about a month, all the fish seem absolutely fine except for one female pearl gourami who glass surfs constantly all day every day. She's obviously very stressed do you think it's because she's in the living room With the 2 kids running around in the day it's not exactly peaceful, she could be a particularly skittish fish? As I say all the others seem fine, the rams and Corys are active and eating well and the platys and cardinals are out and about.. Any thoughts? Also if she is just a skittish fish i'll probably return her and try again.

Thanks for your thoughts

Edit: Also I did wonder if one of the platys could be bothering her as it seems to follow her everywhere, it doesn't seem aggressive at all.. But it was the only thing I could think of

Thanks for the reply,

No she's not the only one in there there is a male in there with her.

Ratio of male to females should be 1:2 or preferably 1:3 otherwise the male will pester the female, causing stress, and leading to your current situation.

Thanks, I had read that you could keep one of each sex, I'm not sure the male is harassing her, he very rarely seems to go near her

Back
Top Bottom