Pearlscale Btfy is scratching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately with the information you've provided, there's not much to go on... :?

Cheers
Steve

No, 9 DKH is actually at the higher end of the scale but it won't bother the fish at all.

How old is the set up and when was the last water change?

Cheers
Steve

sango said:
Its about 4 weeks old.
That would be one major contributor then, butterflyfish are iffy at the best of times. What could actually be the problem is the fish is not comfortable with the "growing pains" the tank is undoubtedly still going through. You may not be dealing with a parasite at all, rather unstable tank parameters.

I would suggest making sure you stay on top of the weely water changes, keep strict tabs on the water quality and be sure you keep trying to find a food that the fish might eat. It's not going to last long at that rate. Personally I would urge you to return the fish until the tank is ready.

Cheers
Steve

I also forgot to mention if this is just an FOWLR, no inverts or corals, you can lower the salinity some. An SG of around 1.020 temporarily can alleviate some stress in newly aquired fish and sometimes help with finicky eaters.

What is your current SG/salinity/

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom