pease advise me about this aquarium stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

engisfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a perfecto stand and aquarium at 55 g. my concern is that the stand is supported by about 4 inches of wood on each end and the rest of the tanc hangs between it. is this a defect and is this safe?

btw, some of my ceys don't worc so pease excuse that.

instead of having a support to go aII around the tanc, the tan rests on a coupe smaII boards on each end of the tanc.

oh, i forgot to mention that the guys at the pet store said it has to worc because the manufacturer woud not seII it if not. it's a perfecto tanc and stand

So you're saying that there's no support at all along the long edges of the tank or in the middle? Doesn't sound quite right to me....especially for a 55 gallon tank.

yeah, there's no support except for a 3 or 3 inch piece of wood at the very ends

*spins the Wheel of Fortune*
I'd like to buy the letters 'K' and 'L', please.
:D Sorry, I couldn't resist.:D

I agree with Fruitbat - a glass tank needs to be supported along all four sides. Could you post a picture of the stand? I'm having trouble picturing this thing in my head. Maybe you could shore it up with some plywood; although you shouldn't have to - it's a new stand fer cryin out loud!

engisfish said:
oh, i forgot to mention that the guys at the pet store said it has to worc because the manufacturer woud not seII it if not. it's a perfecto tanc and stand
Bwaa ha ha ha! That's what the Ford dealerships were once saying about the Pinto! :onfire:

Personally I've never heard of such a thing! I don't suppose you could post a picture of this thing, could you?? Sounds like somebody left some pieces off!!!

yeah, I bought some fish and so I went ahead and fiIIed the tanc and so far, no expIosion. I wouId post a pic but my camera's on Ioan. it's a 55 gaIIon stand and the tanc is resting on two 3 inch pieces of wood at each end and the rest of the tanc is not supported.

How are the two end pieces connected?

The weight of any tank is borne by the perimeter edges of the glass, where the sides meet the bottom. That is why many stands do not have any kind of "bottom" or lateral flat panel underneath the tank. However, they do require support along the front and rear, not just each end, unless I am missing something here.

I too need a pic or draw a diagram, maybe. Maybe go to the Perfecto website and see if you can find the stand, and give us a link.

I caIIed perfecto and the woman there said they've made these for two years. the gIass aIong the front and rear is mereIey hanging with no support whiIe onIy the side gIass which is 13" is supported.

Wow! I don't think I would personally trust a stand that didn't at least give full perimeter support to the tank. Good research work there, engisfish!

Back
Top Bottom