Pelvicachromis pulcher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swimwithme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone had any experience with these? I think they are beautiful fish and would love to have a pair.

I am currently in my 3rd week of fishless cycling and am always doing research on different fish. I have a 40 gallon tank with a large rock/cave that would be a great hiding place for these fish. Since I am new I have fake plants for now until I become a little more educated on the whole fish keeping thing :D

I was wondering about other tank mates though. I've read that they will get along with corys. Since these are mainly bottom dwellers, I was hoping someone here had experience with these and corys.

What other fish do you think would be good with these as these would be my centerpiece? I was thinking of a shoal of rasboras but if you have any other suggestions, I am open.

If I'm right that's the scientific name for a krib.

Peaceful and a 40 gallon is big enough but a pair will be super aggressive and territorial, and spawning it's even worse. Be careful and choose tankmates that'll stay out of the way.

bruinsbro1997 said:
If I'm right that's the scientific name for a krib.

Peaceful and a 40 gallon is big enough but a pair will be super aggressive and territorial, and spawning it's even worse. Be careful and choose tankmates that'll stay out of the way.

You're right, they are called kribs. Any suggestions for tank mates? What about 2 males or vice versa, two females. I've heard these are very easy to breed and take care of their young. I really don't want a tank full of babies! (this is also only if I'm able to find them in my area, hoping)
Thanks!

swimwithme said:
You're right, they are called kribs. Any suggestions for tank mates? What about 2 males or vice versa, two females. I've heard these are very easy to breed and take care of their young. I really don't want a tank full of babies! (this is also only if I'm able to find them in my area, hoping)
Thanks!

I'm not a krib expert so I can't say but I believe you can keep two females together.

Any bigger, peaceful schooling fish (ex pristella tetras, bloodfin tetras, etc.) could work. So could danios or hatchets.

Back
Top Bottom