Penguin 150 w/ BioWheel Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi All,

My Penguin 150 filter comes with 2 slots for filter media......needless to say, I have a filter cartridge in one of them now. Was kind of wondering if it would be beneficial to insert one in that second slot, as well? Thought maybe it might not disturb the bacteria balance as much when I have to change cartridges if I can alternate them.

Any thoughts, suggestions??

Thanks.......

I think that they have recently made the blue floss portion of the rite-size B filter pads a thinner material. It seems to me like you almost NEED to keep two of them in there. I just hope that the thinner material still filters effectively in the old 125 filters.

In a nutshell I'm saying "Good idea! Go for it!" You are absolutely right that you'll only be throwing away part of the good bacteria and keeping the rest. When I get my new tank up and running it's going to be with 2 of these Penguin 150 filters with 2 cartridges in each one. When it's time to throw one away I'll move the front one to the back position and put a new one in the front. I'll probably replace one of the 4 cartridges every 3 or 4 weeks.

Thanks! I'll go ahead & drop that 2nd one in there. I hadn't thought about switching one from front to back when putting in a new one but that's a great idea........I'll keep that in mind when I switch them out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom