penguin 350 in my 46 gallon disturbing my substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

push350z

Aquarium Advice Regular
After adding my PFS substrate I haven't been able to get rid of some of the cloudiness. It's not horribly, but it is definitely noticeable. After doing some looking on here I found sometimes a filter being placed too low on the tank can constantly agitate the substrate and result in the water being cloudy. Before I go and shorten up the tube I was wondering how close was too close? I would guess the lowest part of my filter is probably about 3 inches maybe from the substrate. I have the mid section of the filter opened all the way to hopefully reduce the suction on the bottom a little. Any advice, my levels are 0 ammonia and nitrite 10ppm nitrate and have been for a while. I would think any remaning bacterial bloom should have dissipated by now.

Sounds like it's just the cloudiness you get with new substrate. Unless you can actually see (or feel) the substrate being stirred up by the filter outflow, I wouldn't think it's the cause of any problems. :)

Back
Top Bottom