Penguin biowheel 350?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jujubee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went out today and purchased a second hand 30 gal tank it came with a hood/light and a penguin biowheel 350.

Does anyone else have this type of filter? I found a little online about it but all repetitive. It has the two wheels and no filters. Do you suggest being second hand that I replace the wheels? I spent over an hr making sure every bit of the tank, hood, and filter were clean. It is empty as of now as well.

No as long as the are intact your don't need to replace but you may need to clean them well. You can buy the cartridges. Just don't change them until they are falling apart.

Is there just the cartage with carbon in it? I ask bc there is another slot looking thing for something else on either side but it could just be me. I tried online but couldn't find much info.
Thank you!

You can put whatever you want in the empty slot cartridges. You can buy premade cartridges for this filter or use your own media. I use filter foam blocks rather than the premade cartridges (which do contain carbon). Hope this helps!

I don't know much about making my own. But it is an interesting idea!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom