Pennies in fish tank...and no eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PzIkHo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went away for a couple days, and while I was gone, my roomate's kids threw some pennies in my tank. When I came home I pulled them out and did a water change of about fifty percent....also my eel has yet to come up, I'm starting to worry if he burrowed into the substrate and isn't alive anymore...

Is there anything else I should do beside the water change? And should I just leave the eel be or should I go digging around to find him?

I would do a water change for about 3 days, and I would definitley look for the eel. If he died somewhere you don't want the body to start causing you ammonia problems.

I just looked at your tank thing, and do you really have all those fish in a 20 gallon tank? YIKES! A BGK will need MUCH more than that. I had a BGK, and he grew from 4 to 8 inches in about 6 months.

Update: I found the eel, he's still burrowed but he poked his head out and he's looking around, so I've just left him alone. Will keep up on the PWC for the next few days.

Yea, I had that tank a little overloaded for a bit. I had a catastrophe with my other tank, (my friend decided to hurl my old doorknob through it one night), so I had to move everyone into one tank. Working on getting a 55 gal set up just for my Porthole Eel and the BGK, because you're right, those little guys do like to take off. He went from four inches to six in two months!!! And he's not stopping either.

Back
Top Bottom