Peppered Cory's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sniperfreak

Aquarium Advice Regular
My cory's were acting wierd this morning, and I believe I just figured out why...only problem is they're in a community tank, so I don't know how well they'll do...

Attachments

• 101_1093.jpg
    101_1093.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 99
update: They are DEFINITELY spawning!!! I've observed them in the "T-position" 5 times this morning, and she's laying eggs all over my hornwort! guess it's time to buy a breeding net? and maybe a microworm hatchery?

Do you have another tank you can separate them into? I know some people will grab the eggs out and grow them out in a separate tank. If not, I would just let nature take its course and see what happens. Typically cory breeder tanks are shallow so that the fry can make it to the top to get a gulp of air.

Do you have another tank you can separate them into? I know some people will grab the eggs out and grow them out in a separate tank. If not, I would just let nature take its course and see what happens. Typically cory breeder tanks are shallow so that the fry can make it to the top to get a gulp of air.

Not at the moment...and I doubt they'd still be spawning in the time it takes to get the other tank cycled...I separated the eggs into a hatchery and the first batch hatched but I haven't yet seen any fry? The female just keeps laying more now, but she's taken to hiding them in a cave where I can't get to them now.

Mine started spawning a week or so ago and have had three more episodes since generally after a pwc!
I've moved all my eggs into a hatchery none hatched yet though :(
I also tried leaving some in the tank but they got eaten super quick!

Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom