Peppermint shrimp & Emerald crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. I'm going for a walk with the boss to pickup 2 she thinks they are neat and would be a good addition.

Just remember one thing. All crabs are opportunistic feeders. So they will eat anything. Keep them fed, and they will stay away from anything else in the tank. Keep him hungry, and any small fish, slow fish, snails, and other crabs/shrimp will be on his very broad dinner menu. They really eat algae and detritus and pick decaying things off of rocks, but in the event that your tank lacks in this.. you can just cut up small pieces of table shrimp, and they will gladly pick at and eat that. Even chopped up silverside would work. Even so, the emerald crabs are my favorite. So good choice!

Thanks for the info Zer0, we just got back with a Blood Red Fire Shrimp, nice shrimp for 20 bucks. He's drip acclimating at the moment, I'll let it go for about 2 hrs, when i get him in the tank I post some pics.

Aww you didnt get the emarld crabs? :'(

The fire shrimp are awesome though. And you certainly got it for a bargain. Most LFS's, even online stores, sell them for 27-30$. Good pickup!

I already have 2 of them, re-read the first post.LOL. The emerald have already molted once things must be OK except for the ich which should be all gone in another 2-3 weeks in the DT, Already gone in the QT. I haggled with him like always do and chiseled off 5 bucks so it 20 no tax.

Oh snap, i didnt see the "my" before the emerald crabs. ahaha. Alright cool. Glad everything is turning out good so far! :D

Back
Top Bottom