Perc. Clown has pimples?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just noticed that my smaller Perc. Clown has a couple spots on him ... they almost look like pimples? One right by the mouth and one right behind his fin.

I have tried to snap a shot, but the little clown is way too fast or my camera is way to slow?

He's eating good and swimming around happy. I bought him about 2 weeks ago and didn't notice these spots at the time, but the larger of the two is fine! No spots or anything.

No slime, no hazy eyes, all my tank readings are perfect .... so I'm clueless?

Help.

Jermz79

Have these clowns been directly addded to the display or the QT? What are the numbers of your "perfect" readings?

Without more indicators for possible parasite/disease, you might just need to play wait and see. Bumps unto themselves are not always an indication of an immediate threat. I would however suggest a few large water changes done every second day over the next week. Be sure to use well aged/aerated SW.

If the spots disappear and come back, you will be dealing with a parasite, most likely C. irritans but that will need to be determined at the time. If they disappear and do not come back, it could have very well been a mild bacterial infection or the onset of Lympho.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom