Perfect Water and New Scape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFanatic88

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! I did a pwc today and finally my trates are under control and read about a 20! :) Everything else is also good. I also decided i wanted to change the scapeing. Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• image-181311388.jpg
    image-181311388.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3755127822.jpg
    image-3755127822.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image-1541288175.jpg
    image-1541288175.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 154
FishFanatic88 said:
Hi everyone! I did a pwc today and finally my trates are under control and read about a 20! :) Everything else is also good. I also decided i wanted to change the scapeing. Let me know what you guys think!

Looks great

FishFanatic88 said:

Looks awesome! I just did the same thing. What do you think?
Before

ForumRunner_20120821_224332.jpg

ForumRunner_20120821_224406.jpg

After

ForumRunner_20120821_224429.jpg

Not nearly as good as yours. I think I need better lights. The lights on the third picture look terrible.
Also for plants I suggest a Marimo Moss Ball!

bud29 said:
Looks very nice! What's the stock? I saw an angelfish and some black skirt tetras...

Thanks! The stock is:
10 zebra danios
5 black skirts
4 polla dot loaches
2 angels (growing out)
1 BNP

I actually have no problems with my angels and black skirts.

calfishguy said:
Nice tank, Is it planted. If not I sugest that you add some they will help a lot with keeping nitrates down.

Thanks! It is not planted per say but i do have; 2 large crypts and 3 small crypts, 3 stems of wysteria, a small clumpish thing of java moss, a small anubias, a small blade grass plant and a few stems of other plants.

I heard wysteria keeps nitrates down, is this true? My trates get up to about 50 in a week so it is not so bad as it used to be so i thing the plants are helping alittle.

vanimal said:
Not nearly as good as yours. I think I need better lights. The lights on the third picture look terrible.
Also for plants I suggest a Marimo Moss Ball!

No your tank is really good! You have no idea what i would give to have a tank that big.
You might need better lights, so do i, but the one i currently have is the original that came with the lid so it is not like i am using something special.

FishFanatic88 said:
No your tank is really good! You have no idea what i would give to have a tank that big.
You might need better lights, so do i, but the one i currently have is the original that came with the lid so it is not like i am using something special.

How many gallons is it

FishFanatic88 said:

Its 150 gallons got it off of Craigslist. It came with
Sump
Stand and Hood
Lights
And a lot of other stuff
It cost $500 and I'm only 15 so it took almost all my savings to buy. Look on Craigslist and I'm sure you'll find a good deal.

vanimal said:
Its 150 gallons got it off of Craigslist. It came with
Sump
Stand and Hood
Lights
And a lot of other stuff
It cost $500 and I'm only 15 so it took almost all my savings to buy. Look on Craigslist and I'm sure you'll find a good deal.

That's a good deal I'm younger than you and had to pay 1000$ for my 55. My wallet was NOT happy.

Water sprite is one of the best for mopping up excess nutrients and it can be both planted and floated. It isn't a deep rooter and draws it nutrients from the water column. Just remember that stems plants draw nutrients from the water column so any of them will help. Wow, $1000 for a 55 is really high. My 220 with stand, tank, and lights was just alittle over that from a pet shop. Did you get a complete setup, tank, lights, filters, etc.?

Rivercats said:
Water sprite is one of the best for mopping up excess nutrients and it can be both planted and floated. It isn't a deep rooter and draws it nutrients from the water column. Just remember that stems plants draw nutrients from the water column so any of them will help. Wow, $1000 for a 55 is really high. My 220 with stand, tank, and lights was just alittle over that from a pet shop. Did you get a complete setup, tank, lights, filters, etc.?

Yeah but nothing special no special lights not even a canister filter.

Well I didn't get extra's and let me tell you with the light upgrade, filters, heaters, and other necessities on that size tank was killer on the budget. Plus the costs of plants and livestock is bad because you need more than a normal size tank. A 55 is a good size tank. I like the rockwork you did alot. You can slowly switch over to live plants even with a stock hood. You can get a plant grow type bulb and grow low light plants. You've got a good start and can improve over time from there.

Back
Top Bottom