Perfect Water and New Scape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vanimal said:
Its 150 gallons got it off of Craigslist. It came with
Sump
Stand and Hood
Lights
And a lot of other stuff
It cost $500 and I'm only 15 so it took almost all my savings to buy. Look on Craigslist and I'm sure you'll find a good deal.

Wow, i am 16 and 1/2 and i am looking to upgrade to a 46 bowfront - 55 gallon. that is the highest i can upgrade to right now cause my dad is a jerk (putting it nicely :)). i dont even know if he will let me yet, but i just gotta job and i have to pay car bills first and i dont want to ask him until i actually have the money. i think the max i would pay at petsmart for a 46-55 setup would be 300-400. but i want a new tank with a gaurantee so i guess i gotta pay more money.

Rivercats said:
Well I didn't get extra's and let me tell you with the light upgrade, filters, heaters, and other necessities on that size tank was killer on the budget. Plus the costs of plants and livestock is bad because you need more than a normal size tank. A 55 is a good size tank. I like the rockwork you did alot. You can slowly switch over to live plants even with a stock hood. You can get a plant grow type bulb and grow low light plants. You've got a good start and can improve over time from there.

Thanks! But it is only a 29 but hopefully i will have enough money soon to switch over to a 46-55 planted tank.

Its shallower. Its usually shorter and a lot wider than a standard 40 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom