Perfecto Glass Canopy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if I should buy it. But I was wondering if it'd work since I have a Marineland Penguin Bio Wheel 200 power filter. Or will it block the water output. Anyone have any experience with it?

Most of the glass canopies have a plastic strip across the back that can be cut to accommodate your filter. These are wider with the larger canopies to allow more room for hardware at the back of the aquarium. You should be able to find some info on how wide the plastic strip is to determine whether or not it will allow enough space for your filter.

I'm assuming this would be for the 55g tank in your sig. If so I used the same top on my 55g when I had one and was able to use my power filter without a problem. It wasn't the same filter as yours though.

Pretty sure it'll fit. I use a modified version of that glass canopy on my 46g and I run a Penguin Biowheel 100 on it. I believe the part of the filter that hangs in the tank has the same footprint for both the 100 and 200, so it should work fine. Purrbox is correct in that the plastic strip can be cut to suit... or just left off if desired.

Back
Top Bottom