Peru

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbree13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey! I'm going to Peru for my graduation trip! :) I was just curious if anyone has a recommendation on what fish to bring back?!
I'm planning on some discus, angels, tetras, Cory Cats! I'm a big Ciclid fan so maybe some of those to!
Any suggestions could help! :)

Good luck. I assume you have all your permits in order with both countries. Are you taking equipment or do you have connections? What airport are you flying into?

Paxlerod said:
Good luck. I assume you have all your permits in order with both countries. Are you taking equipment or do you have connections? What airport are you flying into?

+1 on that, a few guys I know from the British Cichlid Association go out annually to check out habitats and preservation work that is going on, they also bring back some fish. Definitely make sure your permits are in order, if you arrive at the airport with something not in place and loads of fish you will be in serious trouble.
I would bring back some Apistogramma's, much easier to transport than Discus.

I would also hide some money down a sock, the police are notoriously corrupt, and its not uncommon to be stopped for no reason and threatened with a night in a cell unless you can pay a small goodwill gesture.

Sounds like fun! Grab me a few rare anything while youre at it lol JK
How do you plan to trap?

Back
Top Bottom