Petco ick medicine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stang23456

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone used Petco Herbal Ich Treatment for Aquariums & Garden Ponds ? If so did it work and also the directions say do a 1/3 water change each addition of the product however I read that most ick medicines say don't do any water changes while medicating !

What kind of fish are you thinking of medicating?

Some scaleless fish such as catfish, the treatments can harm their skin at full dose.

I personally have not used a treatment med. in many many years, not that I have not come across ich, I just don't use them.

I dose with salt and raise the heat up to 83-84 degrees and do daily 25-30% WC's until I'm satisfied with the fish/tank. Usually takes about two weeks. Even after you can't notice signs still treat for some extra time.

Yeah if it was me I'd try high heat and salt. No need to foul up the water with meds. The salt and pristine water from the WC's should clear it up in no time. Just make sure to keep up on the WC's.

Good luck with whatever you decide. If you do treat with meds, I would follow the directions.

What kind of salt do you use for future reference?

Back
Top Bottom