PH of 8.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Eye Tang

Aquarium Advice Freak
Could this PH be what is causing a serious hair algae problem in my tank? All other specs look good and it's heavily planted with Co2 cranking. I've tried so many things including 2 flagfish and still no luck. This stuff is going nuts and ruining my whole tank.

You just can't win can you Steve?

What is the pH of your source water (tap)?
Co2 at 30 ppm drops the pH by one full point, so it must be high to start off with or there's another problem.

LOL :) I'm just getting ready for a water change and "clean out". I will post back with the specs of tap water. I'll tell ya, I just can't seem to shake this thing. Luckily, the flagfishies are starting to eat it but just the male. I'm hoping momma flag will start in on it too. Funny thing is my swordtails and my little guppy seem to be loving the stuff. More specs, more details, and some pics of the cotastrophie comming soon!

Nope, its not the Ph, and an 8.0 is fine as long as it doesnt fluctuate.

Algae feeds off other things in the water most likely its not coming from your tap either.

Ok, I have finally just removed the Co2 completely. I question whether I should also remove the powerhead that is running as well. I'm at a loss. The PH of the tap water comes in at 7.8 and tank sits at around 8.0 probably due to the rocks I have in it. I think maybe these rocks should be removed and replaced with driftwood so I have plans to go to the lake to find a good piece. Now a sick gourami. >< <----- What my eyes look like when I

walk up to the tank. Here is the horror captured on my camera. BTW the tap nitrates and nitrites are all at 0 and amonia.

Attachments

• PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 52
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 56
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 48
Those pixs really don't show it as was as you can see it when you walk up to it. Luckily the two flagfish have been working it today noticably for the first time.

I agree. Looks like BBA. Sorry.... I HATE BBA. Flagfish may help, but you may need to resort to blackout or excel / peroxide dips to be rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom