Phillips led t8 light??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moncrief2315

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi. So I got this 80 gal used and it came with lots of extras. The lights it came with has two bulbs one is an aqueon full spectrum and the other is a Phillips led instantfit. Is this safe to use for fish? I think it gives off a ugly green tint. Should I just replace both bulbs? It’s for a non planted tank. I eventually want to change to led’s thanks IMG_0895.jpgIMG_0893.jpg

Tank Lighting

Hi. So I got this 80 gal used and it came with lots of extras. The lights it came with has two bulbs one is an aqueon full spectrum and the other is a Phillips led instantfit. Is this safe to use for fish? I think it gives off a ugly green tint. Should I just replace both bulbs? It’s for a non planted tank. I eventually want to change to led’s thanks View attachment 312753View attachment 312754

Hello Mon...

Full spectrum and led lights are bright enough for plants and if you're just needing the lights to see into the tank, these are fine for viewing the fish too. No need to spend the money, if it's not absolutely necessary.

B

Hello Mon...

Full spectrum and led lights are bright enough for plants and if you're just needing the lights to see into the tank, these are fine for viewing the fish too. No need to spend the money, if it's not absolutely necessary.

B

Hey B
Thanks I just wanted to make sure it was okay for the fish. Heard some lights are bad.

Tank Lighting

Hey B
Thanks I just wanted to make sure it was okay for the fish. Heard some lights are bad.

Mon...

I've never heard of any aquarium lighting being bad for fish. As long as you give them roughly equal periods of light and dusk, they'll be fine.

B

Back
Top Bottom