Phish's 40g upgrade to 75g breeding Ram build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on the new Rummynose Tetras, I LOVE those, I can't wait to get some myself (darn established tanks :lol:)

You could always post a video of the tank since Danios are hard to photograph.....:whistle:

... My wife (Fancytails) surprised me with some rummynoses yesterday afternoon. They are schooling together which is nice

What an awesome gift. I hear they are great schoolers. I would trade in my gold tetras and longfin blue danios for rummy noses in a heartbeat.
In another note, I was going to say "Hey, do you know FancyTails?" (because of the locale), but I guess I have my answer. Ha!

pics!

I like the coloring alot on the FR Danios! Are they as active as other Danios? I love my Rummynose! How many did you get?

I got 3 danio's and 3 rummies. Which I know should be more in the school. I'm going to get 3 more of each next week. I have been wanting the rummies for some time now and the fact that they are schooling with the FR danio's is really cool. so it will be a nice big school. I also added two more angel's in the hopes of getting a pair.

Thanks Redsea! :D :thanks: I will make a video. good Idea!

Yeah Fresh20, That's the main reason I wanted them! I'm rams aren't much for mid to upper water unless they are feeding(piggy's):fish2:

Sillyfishies: I'v learned that I didn't buy melon swords. I think they are just plain old swords. I wanted melons and think I got the lady confused at the LFS and she pulled the wrong plants.

Here are some pic's of the new additions and the swords.

ANGEL'S
67720-albums11716-picture53864.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53865.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53867.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53871.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53872.jpg

RUMMIES
67720-albums11716-picture53870.jpg

THE BEST PIC OF THE FIRE RING DANIO'S I COULD GET
67720-albums11716-picture53869.jpg

SWORDS
67720-albums11716-picture53868.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53866.jpg

I got 3 danio's and 3 rummies. Which I know should be more in the school. I'm going to get 3 more of each next week. I have been wanting the rummies for some time now and the fact that they are schooling with the FR danio's is really cool. so it will be a nice big school. I also added two more angel's in the hopes of getting a pair.

Yeah Fresh20, That's the main reason I wanted them! I'm rams aren't much for mid to upper water unless they are feeding(piggy's):fish2:

Sillyfishies: I'v learned that I didn't buy melon swords. I think they are just plain old swords. I wanted melons and think I got the lady confused at the LFS and she pulled the wrong plants.

ANGEL'S

RUMMIES

SWORDS

The 2 angels... Wow...

At what age do GBR start to get really colorful like yours. Mine are both old enough to breed but the female is all tan exept for the black dot (has some blue in it) and its pink belly. Then my male has some color through his fins and face, but only has a blue body at a perfect angle.

At what age do GBR start to get really colorful like yours. Mine are both old enough to breed but the female is all tan exept for the black dot (has some blue in it) and its pink belly. Then my male has some color through his fins and face, but only has a blue body at a perfect angle.

They are like most cichlids and color depending on mood. Substrate can effect it as well. All of my rams were in discus tanks with white sand. So they were all faded to try and blend in as soon as I put them in my tank they colored right up.

They are like most cichlids and color depending on mood. Substrate can effect it as well. All of my rams were in discus tanks with white sand. So they were all faded to try and blend in as soon as I put them in my tank they colored right up.

My females don't look very mature. Hopefully when I get more plants they'll perk up.

Not bad just fill a 5g bucket half way with it and repeatedly stick a running garden hose into it letting the dust an stuff get removed with the over flow till is to you likening. You can't beat 8 bucks for a 50lb bag. You can keep what you don't use in your present tank. Give you an excuse to start another tank! ;-)

Not bad just fill a 5g bucket half way with it and repeatedly stick a running garden hose into it letting the dust an stuff get removed with the over flow till is to you likening. You can't beat 8 bucks for a 50lb bag. You can keep what you don't use in your present tank. Give you an excuse to start another tank! ;-)

Well I didn't know if I should prewash before doing "the easy way to clean aquarium sand" (look it up on YouTube). It's the one with the bottle.

ANGEL'S
67720-albums11716-picture53864.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53865.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53867.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53871.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53872.jpg

RUMMIES
67720-albums11716-picture53870.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53869.jpg

SWORDS
67720-albums11716-picture53868.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture53866.jpg

I love all the fish and the tank! When are you coming by to drop it off again? :)

I'm a little late to the party on this one but beautiful tank I have to say. I love the lights! Iv been curious if it would work on a larger scale like a 55 and up and you have proved that to me lol CFL project here I come :)

The tank is really looking good! And I love the angels, especially the 2 striped ones.

Thanks!! Native, the CFL's I have now are on a standard 75g. So the lights are 18 inches from the substrate. The only change I'm going to make to them is I want to go to a 10 1/2 dome. They sell the 101/2 clamp light at lowes for 11$. It will just help the light coverage IMO.

Thanks rivercats! I was smiling as they netted them. I had a feeling you would approve. Going to up the danios, rummies and kuhlii's to six each this weekend and that should finish the stock.

For the rams update. I have broken them up. Each pair have their own tank. Pair one is solo in a 20l below the show tank still adjusting. The sail fin's are in the show tank. Not sure how much they like all the additions. they aren't showing any spawning behavior. so I may need to change them around. Because they are the pair that has to spawn. Knowing they are fertile. Them not spawning just can't happen as far as I'm concerned. Pair three have a new home at my office in a fifteen. I think they may spawn this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom