Phosphate and Green Spot Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

el_jeffe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm having an issue with GSA. It's growing on almost all my plants, especially the Anubias and Amazon sword. My phospates are testing at .5 on the Seachem test at day 7 just prior to weekly water change. 29 gal

I run Fluval 3.0 light at 10 hours with 1-2 bps C02 and am dosing Seachem ferts (except for nitrogen and phosphorus) according to Seachem's example schedule. Plants are growing great but so is the algae.

I've read differing info on phosphate levels. Is .5 phosphates too low or am I giving too much light and C02?

I'm having an issue with GSA. It's growing on almost all my plants, especially the Anubias and Amazon sword. My phospates are testing at .5 on the Seachem test at day 7 just prior to weekly water change. 29 gal

I run Fluval 3.0 light at 10 hours with 1-2 bps C02 and am dosing Seachem ferts (except for nitrogen and phosphorus) according to Seachem's example schedule. Plants are growing great but so is the algae.

I've read differing info on phosphate levels. Is .5 phosphates too low or am I giving too much light and C02?

Too much light. - 6 hours a day MAX if having algae issues.
Too little CO2. - Around 5BPS is where you should be. I'm at 4.75BPS on a 25 gallons using an inline reactor. = 100% diffusion.
Too little NO3. - Dose 10-15ppm weekly.
Too little PO4. - Dose 2.5-5ppm weekly.

50% weekly water change minimum +_ removal of rotting organics, decaying plants, and bi-monthly filter cleanings.

Back
Top Bottom