Phosphate media ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im using Phoszorb right now in my sump and it seems to be working great,but the directions say you can keep it in the water for 6 to 8 weeks, before it is exhausted.

This can't be right is it? I was using Seachems Phosguard for a little while and it exhausted after about 3 days...so that stuff sucks!

Anyway I've had the Phoszorb in there for about 2 weeks and the PO4 is still almost zero .

Just wondering if anybody else has some experience with PhosZorb, and how long you should keep it in? 6 to 8 weeks seems like that would be way to long!

Thanks for any suggestions!
-Mike

I passed on the post earlier because I have never used the Phoszorb before. Might be why others have as well?

Seachem's product will exhaust sooner depending on the level of PO4 and amount used. I actually prefer their's to some of the others I have tried. It does yield very good results. After changing out the media a few times to get rid of the higher levels, the replaced beads should last much longer in a lower PO4 environement.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom