physical damage or disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manbeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so I've never seen anything like this in my tanks before, don't know if it's physical damage or disease. I've heard of hole in head but never have seen it never had columnaris so I don't know if that's what is what's going on, you can see the damage to the head pretty clearly in the pics but not as clear is some stringy white snot like substance that seems to be clinging to the top of the tailfin. I hope someone knows what's going on here and can recommend something that safe for all fish as well as inverts, thanks in advance

image-206796085.jpg

hard to get pic of the tail, lil guy just won't hold still also this is the only fish I can see that is aflicted by this at this time

Attachments

• image-995967180.jpg
    image-995967180.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1783243187.jpg
    image-1783243187.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1145123760.jpg
    image-1145123760.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 60
Oh wow!! Have you started treating?? I would quarantine him and maybe start some maracyn two?? Has he been nipped at or anything? How are your water parameters?

hcourts said:
Oh wow!! Have you started treating?? I would quarantine him and maybe start some maracyn two?? Has he been nipped at or anything? How are your water parameters?

thanks for your concern but that fish passed three months ago, I believe it was physical damage as no other fish ever contracted anything even remotely similar

Back
Top Bottom