picaso trigger not eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiscesLou

Aquarium Advice Freak
I feed my trigger frozen brine shrimp( Ive seen it eat a whole cube of brine shrimp once) and sometimes krill and he ate all my snails. The last 2 days however hes not eating anything. No visible signs of any diseases. no scraping on rocks, basically it looks and acts healthy. what could be the problem? should I get some live goldfish to stir up his appetite?

Not sure what the problem is but anytime a fish will not take food after it has been eating well may be a sign it is sick. Try soaking the food in a product like garlic extreme. Garlic can increase appitite in fish and boost the immune system. I would also swith to mysis shrimp. Brine has little to no nutritional value. Good luck and keep us posted...Lando

If you were blending your own food then fresh garlic could be added. I would not use fresh garlic if you are mixing it with froozen food. Just put the cube in a shot glass and fill it with the garlic liquid. Let it thaw before straining it and rinsing the mixure in RO/DI water. Not sure how it works but garlic is known to stimulate appitite and boost immune system.

thanx.. I gonna get that garlic extrem today.What other additives can I use to make sure my livestock are getting all the essential vitamins and nutrients they need?Ive only been in this hobby for about 6 months but I seem to think that feeding them the right kinds of food can help them survive allot longer more so than anything else. heres a list of my livestock and what i feed them, any suggestions welcomed.
TANGS: seaweed select dried Green marine algea, frozen omega 3 and spiriluna enhanced brine shrimp, spiriluna enhanced flakes

Trigger: frozen omega 3 and spiriluna enhanced brine shrimp, frozen krill

your feeding sounds good. The key is variety. Once again, try some mysis instead of the brine. Let us know how the trigger is doing. Stress can be one reason fish do not eat or have stopped eating. What are your water parameters? Also, how big is your tank, what type of filtration do you have, what is the bio-load (i.e. what and how many fish do you have?)

it's probably worse to feed food that is not eaten and rots than to just not feed a fasting fish for a couple days. it won't kill them to go without food for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom