Pics of my New Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Esra

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Guys,

Just set this 120G (48x24x24) up for freshwater.

The parameters are all ok as i just upgraded from a smaller tank and kept all the media.

I'm not finished with it yet.

I still have to varnish the cabinet. This is a pain but will make it look a lot glossier. It came as unstained pine.

Then I am buying a 'rock wall' background for the back of the tank and the right had side so that it looks like your looking in a cave.

New substrate to allow some plantings. Plus some new lighting.

The plants will only be a few reed types to cover things i don't want seen like the filter intakes so no major lighting or CO2 should be needed.

I have 4 anuibius in there that are growing really well so something must be alright and so far no algae at all.

The fish in the tank are:

14x Neons
4x Silver Dollars
1x Spotted Silver Dollar
4x Clown Loaches
4x Emperor Tetras
5x Balloon Mollies
1x Betta
4x Bristnoses
2x Khuli Loaches
2x Swordtails
1x Rainbow Shark
2x Angels
1x Black Ghost Knife

They all get along really well and the ghost knife has finally started to come out and eat!

Can't wait to get the background, plants and substrate in there!
I'll post more pics when I have it all done.

Attachments

• dsc00704_123.jpg
    dsc00704_123.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 58
  • dsc00705_839.jpg
    dsc00705_839.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 58
  • dsc00712_208.jpg
    dsc00712_208.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 73
The rock background and new lights are the main things is need. Then some more plants.
I hate being able to see through the tank!

The tank is very pretty now, but your cave background idea sounds v. cool! I really like your gravel too.

More pics, more pics. :multi:

Yeah i like the bigger rocks but i was told i can't have plants with this sort of substrate and need to change to gravel?
Pity cause the Khuli locahes love it.
They disappear at one end of the tank and reappear at the other.

I'll have more pics onec i have it varnished and the background stuck to the two sides.

Anyone here know if i can keep plants in this kind of substrate?
It's basically just large river pebbles.

Most plants prob wont be able to take root into the gravel if it's too big. I'd be just as concerned with the silver dollars, they are notorious plant eaters/ nibblers.

Yeah i've heard that. They leave the anubius alone though. Musn't like the thick waxy leaves.

The only other plants I want are a couple of long reeds to try and hide the tubes.

I'll probably remove the pebbles and add a gravel substrate when i add in the background.

I'll then add 1 reed plant and see what the silver dollars make of it.
Plus plants are cheap, especially if it keeps the dollars happy.

Nice work! I also like backgrounds, unless the tank is being used as a room divider. Nice stand as well.

Regards,

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom