Pics of the beloved Clown Pleco named "Clownie"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FMJnaX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my daughters favorite fish. Since the tank is near the front door, whenever we are leaving the house, we cannot go until she spots "Clownie"... sometimes she's better at it than I am. I was playing around in the tank and out he came to investigate, though not far from his "cave". I seized the opportunity and snapped some pics. I have many more, but they didn't turn out as clear as I would like. I'll just have to try again. You can tell by the size of the gravel just how small the fella is. It's standard aquarium gravel from PetsMart. ;) I just love dwarf pleco's, don't you.

Attachments

• cclose.jpg
    cclose.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 154
  • cwflash.jpg
    cwflash.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 142
I had one... about 3 months ago and it just dissapeared... never to be seen again.

AshleyNicole said:
I had one... about 3 months ago and it just dissapeared... never to be seen again.

Every once in a while, he'll dart off somewhere and won't be seen for 2-3 days. He always returns to his "cave" though so no worries on my part. He's about 2, maybe 2 1/2" long. They're not true algae eaters (more along the lines of wood), but I've caught him numerous times on the glass and the back wall always have "pleco trails". He LOVES frozen bloodworm and sinking algae wafers, as well as the traditional fresh veggies. His driftwood also has many "pleco trails", almost as if he takes the same path every time.

He's a very interesting, though small, fish. Very active and not really that shy. I'd def. recommend a clown pleco to anyone who was looking for a small pleco and didn't need it to help with algae. (y)

You're lucky to even be able to photograph yours! Mine darts away every time I approach the tank. :roll: They are such cute fish though, I love them anyway. Nice pics!

Back
Top Bottom