Pineconing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanz8anz

Aquarium Advice Activist
What does pineconing mean?

I have a barb who for the past 3weeks has been hiding and sorta sitting there with his nose towards the gravel still eats and will swim around but spends most of the hiding in a plant nose down..

It isnt bloated or fatter than normal.. i thought i had an outbreak of ich but the fish i thought to be effected including this one has come right they never did have any white spots but were scratching which has stopped now well mostly i hardly c any scratching and i was seeing this in 3 of my 6 barbs everyone seems hapoy apart from this barb who hides and i was wondering if it was this pineconing i have read about or something else

I hsve a clown louch who has been clamping its fins but ive just had a look and they arent clamped now which is a bit confusing and he was doing a bit of scratching but looks fine and still eats and gets excited about food.

Tank is cycled and been running 8months not sure on water specs i havent been able to get a testing kit due to funds but the petstore will do them for free and i watch them.do it and c the readings and last time it was checked about 2 weeks ago everything was fine and i do weekly sometimes twice weekly water changes

I have a pic of the clown louch which isnt a very good one it hardly sits still

An am.just trying to get one of the barb in as i approached the tank he kept moving so i did tbe best i could

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1394407721362.jpg
    1394407721362.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 1394407758924.jpg
    1394407758924.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 1394407776535.jpg
    1394407776535.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 106
Yea that barb isnt bloated like that it just sits under a leaf with its nose towards the gravel... hes quite an weird colour for a tiger being as his strips r green but hes been.like that since we got it 3 months ago but was alot more active and.his strips had a bit more black than green..

We added 4 clown.louches a month ago and they seem happy enough well aside from one thts in the pic but thats all kinds of weird because one moment.ill c it with clamped fins and swimming like a spaz and then ill look.over and hes normal im not sure what is up with that either

Yea that barb isnt bloated like that it just sits under a leaf with its nose towards the gravel... hes quite an weird colour for a tiger being as his strips r green but hes been.like that since we got it 3 months ago but was alot more active and.his strips had a bit more black than green..

We added 4 clown.louches a month ago and they seem happy enough well aside from one thts in the pic but thats all kinds of weird because one moment.ill c it with clamped fins and swimming like a spaz and then ill look.over and hes normal im not sure what is up with that either

All tiger barb stripes are very dark green not black. It's just easier to tell with others. How many tigers are in your tank with this one? What are your parameters? Is he showing any signs of disease?

Back
Top Bottom