Pink Kissing Gourami, and Oscars..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Can Oscars and Pink Kissing Gourami co-exist peacefully?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xavier.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
When I first did this, I had no intention in putting these types of species in the same tank. Just to be clear. ;)
So I have 1 Tiger Oscar and 1 Albino Oscar in my 40 gal. (3inch each)
& 3 Pink Kissing Gourami in my 30 gal. (3inch each)
The 30 gal. sprouted a leak, just shooting water onto my floor. I quickly put the fish into a 5 gal. bucket.
Long story short, I put my fish together in my 40 gal.
I started by taking the fish out, placing each into their own bucket, then totally changing the terrain. I placed them all in at one time, and they have been happy tank mates ever since. My Albino Oscar even thinks she is a gourami, swimming with them and acting just as they do.
I honestly just thought it would be a good idea to post and say Oscars and Pink Kissing Gourami, at the same size, can co-exist peacefully due to their same growth rate, same amount of aggression, and different eating habits.

wrong part of the forum,and that tank is overstocked. 2 oscars need at least 90 gallons,preferably a lot more.

Fish living in a overstocked tank for a week or two doesn't mean success, I can assure you this won't end well wether it's poor water quality or aggression.

Like I said, my tank broke. So it was just for a little bit, about a month. I have upgraded since. Two 55 gal. ^_^

Like I said, my tank broke. So it was just for a little bit, about a month. I have upgraded since. Two 55 gal. ^_^
yay,do you have an oscar in each of the 55s and the gouramis in the 40?

Back
Top Bottom