pink stuff?? and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marshmallowe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay, I went this salt water store and bought some live rock. There were some pretty neat things on them. One rock has some pink globs on them , they don't move or anything. Any ideas?Photo1(4).jpg
Secondly, I do believe these are some baby anemones, I fed them some small pieces of fish, they didn't sting me, are they nuisances or good? Photo1(6).jpg
Thirdly.. lol, I do not know if these are barnacles next to the pink globs they stick out these tentacles and move them around, and are connected to the holes in the rock if you can see it's tentacles. Photo1(7).jpg
Lastly, (finally) is this plant I think that's on this other rock, honestly have no idea what is.
Photo1(2).jpg
I will appreciate if anyone knows what these are lol I'm hoping I hit the jackpot, but I guess I'll see. Thank you for looking.

Attachments

• Photo1(4).jpg
    Photo1(4).jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Photo1(6).jpg
    Photo1(6).jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Photo1(7).jpg
    Photo1(7).jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Photo1(2).jpg
    Photo1(2).jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 124
the globs are sponges. the second pic appears to be a coral that's on it's last leg, probably due to lack of light and bad parameters. hard to tell for sure, but i think they are some sort of mushrooms. perhaps ricordea. they could even be pseuducorynactis. you'll have to wait and allow them some recovery time before they start to look more like themselves.
the third pic are mini feather dusters (filter feeding tube worms).
not sure about the 4th pic until it grows a bit but it's not going to get out of control.

thank you, though I know those are feather dusters, there are some tentacles by them that keep coming out and hiding. I'm thinking they're barnacles. They are all around that piece of rock.

Back
Top Bottom