Placements of Zoos, mushroom polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandown123

Aquarium Advice Freak
My friend has a 32 gallon tall. Everything is thriving nicely in his tank except for this one colony of mushroom polyps. They are placed next to some green button zoos and I was wondering if maybe they werent getting in some way interfered with by the zoos. There doesnt seem to be any other reason why they arent thriving like everything else.

Has anyone every heard of this or something similar? It seems everything else is kicking butt but this one colony. They look shrivveled up and one of them looks like its got some blackish spot starting on it.

Also they are pretty faded, not sure if this would be the natura color, but it strikes me as washed out.

Hmm.. no pics, I'll bring a camera by his place today, but its not a great camera.

Theyre definitely getting some flow, its not a high flow tank but its moving

Could be chemical warfare . I would recommend a 15%-20% H20 change and to put some carbon in to the filter . Also check to see if there is any thing that could be causing irritation such as bristle worms ect just about any thing can tick them off , he may need to move it if it is to close to the zoas ,and they are stinging it but again with out pics we are just hazzarding our best guesses :)

Depending on what kind of mushroom it is it may be getting too much light. some mushrooms like lower light others like nice intense light. I agree that it could be from the Zoas stinging the mushrooms but mushrooms can sting as well. Pics of the situation will help.

hey guys. thank you for guessing about this. No pics right now because he rearranged the tank. Well see if that does anything. I agree with Zig here and sadie. Zig - they are near the top, but his lights arent all that powerful. We'll see what happens

Back
Top Bottom