planaria help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

o.jonathan.o

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ookay I have planaria in my tank and since I'm switching my gravel to sand I'm wondering if anyone knows any thing I can do to also get rid of the planaria

Cut back on feeding and be diligent about keeping the tank clean.

When I fed my fish every day Planaria were quick to pop up. I cut back to every other day and smaller portions and haven't seen it since.

So I just changed my grravel to sand and I'm wanting to know if the planaria will be in the filter and the pads

Feed once a day every two days. Feed brine shrimp instead of flakes. Try looking in the tank at 3 am and see if worms are swimming around. If so, worm with 1/10th to 1/3 gram of Panacur C dog wormer.

JimmyA said:
Feed once a day every two days. Feed brine shrimp instead of flakes. Try looking in the tank at 3 am and see if worms are swimming around. If so, worm with 1/10th to 1/3 gram of Panacur C dog wormer.

Awesome thanks. Were can I get that at and will it harm inverts

You can do a search on Amazon.com. It can hurt inverts. It didn't affect my shrimp, but my Nerite (sp) snails took a small hit - still alive but not too active. Try a low dose, doesn't take too much.

Use guppies. They cost a dollar at your fish store and they eat planaria. So do small mollies.

Back
Top Bottom