Planning new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Awesomefazekas

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm saving up money for a new tank I've had my 29g for a while and if want either a 55 or 50 and either sand or fine black gravel and what are some sticking options I want a main fish and a large school 15+ and some bottom feeders so I want to know what u guys think I should do and/ or what u dis

I would do a pair of German blue rams, large school of neon tetras and cories. I would use black sand and an aqua clear for a filter.

I have a 55, running two aqua clear 70's. I'd suggest dwarf cichlids, rams/kribs/apisto's. Harlequin Rasbora's are neat in large shoals, as are many Terra's. Cory's are awesome bottom fish as well

You could do something like

1 angel
2 rams or apistos
Large school (20 or so) of some type of rasbora or tetra - I would do cardinal tetras or rummynose tetras if it were me.
12 corys (maybe more depending on the type)

Trio of pearl gouramis
Pair of gbr
8 zebra loaches
15 harlequin rasboras

Personally I would choose gbrs (German blue ram cichlids) over any type of gouramis.

Have you thought about doing an African cichlid tank? Mbuna tanks are very impressive.

No problems with gbrs and gouramis in same tank. They inhabit different areas of the tank

I have a 55g it's a low tech planted tank. I have:
2 angelfish (pair)
2 german blue rams (pair)
2 bristle nose Plecos (pair)
9 hatchets (will probably upgrade to 12)
I have a canister, sponge, and hob filter.

Back
Top Bottom