Plant Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi all, i am seeking some advice for my 10g. I would like a plant that carpets nicely, and would do well in 6500k or full spectrum lighting. I have one amazon sword, and would like to get more plants.
Note:
i do not have co2 and am not interested in getting it, mainly because of the price

Thx,
Fishguy1111

I was thinking dwarf baby tears but I know that needs co2. What about java moss or chain swords?

You could make your own co2 it works wonders! Java mods is a great choice, I have some for sale if you want it...

Yeah, I probably will eventually get co2, I'm just not ready even for DIY. I would buy some java moss from you, but my area is freezing cold and I don't want to take the risk.
Thx

Carpeting plants are a pain. They almost all need pretty high light to do good. What is your lighting system?

Without co2 and high light carpets are almost impossible. Cryto parva, and micro sword are good options for short low tech setups. But to get a dense carpet you will need to uprgade your likghting and get co2 and then with that you will have to balance nutrients. I am with you though, i keep easy low maintenance plants.

That light puts you at the low end of the medium spectrum. Dwarf four leaf clover, star repens, crypt parva (if you want to wait forever), and maybe a micro chain sword.

Dwarf sag is also a really good mid light carpet. Mine is a thick carpet on half of the foreground of my 55 and the other help is stargouyne (spelling?) Reapens.

Back
Top Bottom