Plant coverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,

I am looking for some type of plant that could cover some pipe that I put in there for my BN plecos. The white pipe doesn't quite match the tank. :)
I was thinking some type of moss? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

The stark white might stand out even if you have moss on it. You might check your local craft/garden stores and see if you can find some sort of clay tube/pot that is aquarium safe. It might stick out a little less, and mosses might attach to it easier.

aqua_chem said:
The stark white might stand out even if you have moss on it. You might check your local craft/garden stores and see if you can find some sort of clay tube/pot that is aquarium safe. It might stick out a little less, and mosses might attach to it easier.

That's a great idea. I will look into that, the guy at the store agreed with that.
So I just got back from the lfs and they didn't have any java moss. But they did have this hairy looking moss that they attached to rocks and flats. They just called it "aquatic moss". He did tell me that my BN plecos would eat it so instead of buying a ball he gave some loose moss to try. Right now its sitting at the top of the tank in a bowl, wrapped in a loose ball, with a couple of rocks to see it grow. Here's hoping :)

aqua_chem said:

How do you know if it is aquarium safe? I know that some of them say non toxic, but none of them that they are safe to go underwater.
Thanks

Any of the basic clay pots should be fine, but avoid anything colored, painted, etc. If you doubt it, I wouldn't put it in your tank.

aqua_chem said:
Any of the basic clay pots should be fine, but avoid anything colored, painted, etc. If you doubt it, I wouldn't put it in your tank.

Ok, Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom