plant discoloration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dainius56

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Been following here for awhile and love it. Plants are starting to fade a dull green and brown color. Been looking for some advice. Getting about 8 hours light out of dual 28 watt bulbs T5 non HO. 6700k. Dose daily 3ml co2. 5.5ml of macro/micro mix. Does it seem I need to get some iron in there? If so what's the recommended way? Thanks in advance.

Now that im off work I'm going to add some pics

Attachments

• IMAG0082.jpg
    IMAG0082.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0083.jpg
    IMAG0083.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 46
The pictures are too yellow to tell what your describing. How long has the tank been set up? If the brown rubs off between your fingers and the tank is fairly new you could have diatoms. You can try upping you liquid carbon to 1ml for every 2 gallons of water (unless you have delicate shrimp). I assume your dosing dry ferts so you shouldn't have an nutrient issues. What are you nitrate and phosphate levels?

yea camera is terrible quality sry about that....its almost like they are showing brown on some leaves... I have upped the co2 quite a bit and im seeing a little improvement on the plants... I also upped the dry fert levels because to me I think im showing signs iron and potassium deficiencies. I ordered more ferts and Im going to start dosing individualy so I can change levels if needed instead of one bag of ferts like I previously ordered. Nitrate lvls this morning were were about 20-40 and phosphates 0 I believe

Back
Top Bottom