Plant help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I'm buying everything to aqua scape my ten gallon sooo... What plants do I get? I am very limited to options since I'm buying from pet smart. My tank will be 75-79 somewhere in that range if that helps any! I'm too excited to wait for shipping!!!! I have not cycled my tank is that a problem? Of course I'm not getting any fish until its cycled but can I get my plants? And what plants will my future ADF like?

NatureFish
????

What type of lighting you plan using will determine what types of plants will work good in your setup,the types of plants will also shed some light on what type of ferts you will require along with a co2 source...

fertilizer? I need that? Is there any plant that I can use as a carpet that doesn't need fertilizer? I thought co2 was already naturally found in my tank once my fishies are in.

NatureFish
????

Lol My lighting probably won't be anything special since I don't have a hood.... It'll be some kind of cheap lamp I find at the pet store. :)

NatureFish
????

You'll need ferts,whether its liquid or liquid&root tabs...as far as co2 it will only benefit your plants with the addition thereof..lighting should definitely be first&foremost in your setup(doesn't need to be expensive.There's a
wealth of knowledge on this forum as well as the internet,I would suggest you take advantage of those options before you dive in or else frustration will undoubtedly set in..your best bet will be a low maintenance setup..

Ok! Also I have this mini tank that is about a gallon and I was thinking about putting some cold water inverts in there... I was thinking about putting a few snails in there. Are there any breeds of mini snails? It's definitely not going to work for an apple snail or anything that gets very big.

NatureFish
????

Woah, slow down. I was in your position around 8 months ago when I had a ten gallon. I've wasted hundreds on that tank because I started buying stuff too quickly.

What are your plans for this tank? What is your budget?

Don't buy anything until you have ALL equipment in and working and you are sure of your plan.

Yes you need fertilizer of some sort.

Yes co2 is found naturally but supplementing it with a liquid carbon additive is too valuable not to do and injecting pressurized co2 is even better.

Woah, slow down. I was in your position around 8 months ago when I had a ten gallon. I've wasted hundreds on that tank because I started buying stuff too quickly.

What are your plans for this tank? What is your budget?

Don't buy anything until you have ALL equipment in and working and you are sure of your plan.

Yes you need fertilizer of some sort.

Yes co2 is found naturally but supplementing it with a liquid carbon additive is too valuable not to do and injecting pressurized co2 is even better.

I'm not putting anything in the tank until I get all the equipment and so far I have white sand, a homemade filter and a heater.

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom