Plant help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Creepinghadow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am just wondering what a good plant is to get. I have 2 mollies and one dwarf gourami. What plant is good to get with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha don't get me started!

Do you want a fast growing plant? What lighting are you running and at what height?

You will probably do good with anacharis regardless. Java fern and anubias work well. You may have to supplement anubias with root tabs. Just a few examples. Tell me if you don't like how those plants look and I could give more suggestions.

Thanks! I've looked up some info on the anacharis I think I'll get that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha don't get me started!

Do you want a fast growing plant? What lighting are you running and at what height?

You will probably do good with anacharis regardless. Java fern and anubias work well. You may have to supplement anubias with root tabs. Just a few examples. Tell me if you don't like how those plants look and I could give more suggestions.

Anubias shouldn't be planted but instead can be tied to decorations such as driftwood. If you plant it you have to be careful not to plant the rhizome or else it will kill the plant.

It's cryptocoryne which are the low light plants that need root tabs.

Anubias shouldn't be planted but instead can be tied to decorations such as driftwood. If you plant it you have to be careful not to plant the rhizome or else it will kill the plant.

It's cryptocoryne which are the low light plants that need root tabs.

You can plant them just make sure there rhizome IS ABOVE THE GRAVEL ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421533328.511786.jpg as you can see with mine it's planted and is very healthy

40 gallon planted aquarium
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x tiger pleco

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

Back
Top Bottom