Plant ID Again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So since you guys are all plant smart I got a new one for ya. ;)
I was in a middle of a pwc I noticed this floating plant. Its really small and clover like, it has just a couple of roots hang down and floats around the top of the tank, like I do when go out to the lake in an air tube.
I have no idea where it really came from, maybe from my last plant I got. I've seen these in ponds but don't know the name. There's only a couple I've noticed, should they be removed? Their kinda cute ;)
And I remembered the pictures! lol
Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120304_183526.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120304_183526.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20120304_183534.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120304_183534.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 74
Lol
Besides covering my 5gal in greenary and soaking up all my light, is there any benefits to keeping them? Eats ammonia or anything?

They aren't good for much. A couple look good, especially as they float around in the currents. But they can take over a pond in a matter of days, I've seen it happen. Too prolific, and nothing to be gained.

I'd rather be growing hornwort or even anachris, they do just as good a job if not better, and I don't have to thin them out on a daily basis.

bytehead said:
They aren't good for much. A couple look good, especially as they float around in the currents. But they can take over a pond in a matter of days, I've seen it happen. Too prolific, and nothing to be gained.

I'd rather be growing hornwort or even anachris, they do just as good a job if not better, and I don't have to thin them out on a daily basis.

Sounds good. Thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom