Plant id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm growing some swords in a one gallon fish bowl and I'm over dosing ferts and I have moss and what I thought was duckweed hitchhikers but this potential duckweed is growing weird. Is it in fact duckweed? I know I have a lot of algae in there but it's from the overdose of ferts and the 15 watt cfl over the one gallon bowl.

Attachments

• image-2970557219.jpg
    image-2970557219.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 113
It is attached to a piece of Singapore moss but just recently started growing in a vine form

Doesnt look like glosso or hc. Maybe a marsilea? Google marsilea minuta and marsilea quadrafolia and see if it looks like either of those.

It might be water clover but how did i come about it. My most recent purchase was the Singapore moss its clung to and that was a month ago. It makes me think if my duckweed is even duckweed at all. I did buy the duckweed three months ago from aquarium plants . Com as an hc Cuba order and got this instead.

That's not duckweed by the way! Duckweed is little leaves that float at the top of the water and have 1 little root going down. Google for pics.

I do know what duckweed looks like. I started this thread because I have a lot of what looks like duckweed growth and then this growth started which has thrown me off.

Ok well! If you want this other stuff out just pull it out or leave it in! It's your tank, I just don't know what it is!

FreshwaterTropical said:
Ok well! If you want this other stuff out just pull it out or leave it in! It's your tank, I just don't know what it is!

Okay which leads me to my original question. Can anyone ID this plant

How about Brazilian pennywort? Could it?

Attachments

• image-198985355.jpg
    image-198985355.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 78
Awesome now the real mystery is how did I get pennywort in my tank? Jk :). Thanks everyone

I never would have guessed it from the first picture. The second picture makes it really easy. That stuff grows like crazy btw... I had some until I realized it grew too quickly to keep up with it.

I planted mine and it took off in every direction. You can see in this picture that it mainly grew up at a little bit of an angle, but over in the right corner, you can see some, as well as down to the right towards the middle. That's all off one piece that was about 5" long when I got it. It would grow 6" a week at least.

img_1599214_0_ae7b420f97039c078df73a5a8e2de359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom