Plant ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alia258

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I took these two plants home to keep as window decorations. They've been growing nicely, but I wanted to know what they could be. They came from a spring water river, clean enough to drink, in gardener canyon. Any ideas guys?

View attachment 80356

View attachment 80357

View attachment 80358

View attachment 80359

The one on the right appears to be melting, any ideas on that one? Will prescribing root tabs help?

When I changed the water out, the righ plant went limp and couldn't hold itself up:

Oh, I looked up lawn marsh pennywort, I'll look up lawn marshpennywort! (I thought it was a typo)

Hmmm, I'll have to research water clover as well now! ^^

Lol sorry its late, I'm tired. But yea I thought it was the lawn mp. I'm not sure about the other one though

Well, we have one with an ID now! Thank you! Maybe you should sleep or something since you're tired? What time is it for you right now? For me it's only 8:10! ^^

It's only 9:13 but I've been up a while. Now I want to know what that other plant is tho haha but now the pics won't show -.-

It's a light green color and has 'layers' of leaves about an inch apart, and there's small roots growing at the breaks in the plants on the bottom 3 inches. The leaves are 'melting' for some unknown reason. Does that help?

Well one of the reasons some plants melt is because they are grown emersed. I have an amazon sword which are normally grown emersed, so when you out them in a tank submerged, the old leaves melt and new ones come in. But since you found them in water, that can't be it. Other things that cause melting are deficiencies in certain nutrients

I have some plant root tabs, would it be smart to put one in and see what happens?

Is that like an ivy? I looked up the pictures too and one picture it was growing on rocks. I like the way it looks. The lawn marshpennywort that is. :)

Back
Top Bottom