Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconner3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got these plants at petco today, but the employees didn't know what they were. Any ideas?

image-273985754.jpg

image-1785263891.jpg

In case the picture Isnt good enough, the second plant has a bunch of reddish leaves.

From Petco? Then my guess is...

Pic 1: Bacopa Caroliniana, aka "Lemon Bacopa"

Pic 2: Alternanthera Ficoidea, aka "Joseph's Coat"
This is not an aquatic plant and will do horribly.
I could very well be wrong but this is the plant I have found that Petco (in my area) commonly sells incorrectly as a Ludwigia Sp.

From Petco? Then my guess is...

Pic 1: Bacopa Caroliniana, aka "Lemon Bacopa"

Pic 2: Alternanthera Ficoidea, aka "Joseph's Coat"
This is not an aquatic plant and will do horribly.
I could very well be wrong but this is the plant I have found that Petco (in my area) commonly sells incorrectly as a Ludwigia Sp.

I'm 60% sure it's not bacopa. I have some in the tank already and it looks way different.
I was actually thinking the red one was ludwigia repens but my knowledge of plants is pretty sub par

It looks like lemon bacopa to me also. The stem thickness is telling, to me. The second looks like ludwigia. Can you isolate a single stem of each for a photo?

Last edited:
image-2493257818.jpg

This is what I have in the tank currently that is supposed to be lemon bacopa. The new plants look different to me.

It could be, those tissue culture plants are much smaller than the plants they are cloned from. I have had some dhg for over a month that has spread a lot but grown very little.

Are you thinking of bacopa monnieri by chance?

It could be, those tissue culture plants are much smaller than the plants they are cloned from. I have had some dhg for over a month that has spread a lot but grown very little.

Are you thinking of bacopa monnieri by chance?

Hmmm I'm not really sure what I'm thinking of at this point, I really wish they would have been labeled lol.

Back
Top Bottom