Plant ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riane22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gallon with a few live plants, (bought from walmart, they are little balls that you drop in and they grow). I want a tall plant to hide my heater. I have a fake plant in there now but it doesnt do the job and it looks crappy. Whay would be a good one for my freshwater tropical comunity?

Anacharis (Egeria densa)
1046S.jpg

cyperus helferi
file_7_2.jpg

i have mostly the Cyperus helferi in my tank.. they can get pretty tall.. i have a 90 gal and i trim them about once a month because they are taller than the tank.

Yeah for a second there i had to do a double take because i thought it was SW with corals.. LOL

Would you be interested in a re-scape? I think your tank would look nice with a black or blue solid background, either sand or a planted substrate like Eco-Complete (or Floramax), and some natural looking stones and driftwood. Maybe upgrade the lighting to a T5NO for low/moderate plants, T5HO if you want to keep higher light plants. You can plant it with low light tolerant plants good for beginners such as java fern, swords, cypts, dwarf sag, jungle val, water wisteria, among others.... Just a thought if you want to go "planted."

Agreed with Brian_Nano12g but if you want one big plant and Amazon Sword will grow large and bushy. You will have to get some root tabs to supply it with nutrients since you have an inert substrate.

Back
Top Bottom