Plant nursery set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilmo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey folks.

I'm wanting to set up a plant nursery tank.
I have a spare 1foot clear seal tank and a lighting from a jewel lido also have plenty of filters.

I was wandering what do I use as substrate, I will be adding co2. What ferts do u recommend.

This is to try and grow plants for when I get my big 300L. Mainly going to grow dwarf hair grass and maybe other carpeting plant.

I have no idea what type lighting it has but DHG requires high light. You can use any substrate but using a commercial substrate like Eco Complete or whatever is available over there is good because it has a high CEC, cation exchange capacity, which means it can absorb and hold nutrients from detris and the water for use by plants. But sand, small grained gravel, just about anything will work. Then your going to need to find some good ferts. Again I don't know what is available your way but you need to find something that has both micro and macro nutrients in it. This is especially important if your using high light and CO2.

Back
Top Bottom