Plant recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leebaker98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice that I can't seem to reliably get at any LFS. Have a 180l setup, various bits such as swords an a couple bits of fern and am generally happy with overall plant layout now, getting lots of healthy growth. Running a 4 x 39w T5HO fitting, and I'm after recommendations on slow growing tall stem plants to bring up the very back and some small slow growing plants preferably darker in colour for the foreground? Any advice and suggestions appreciated thanks.

I really like rotatla indica Ans bacopa carolinia for background stem plants. OK the bacopa isn't all that slow growing but they are both very easy to keep! Jungle vals n anacharis are good too:)

Cheers for that, already got anacharis so will have a look see if I can get hold of any of the others

Java ferns, java moss, African water ferns and Anubias are great lowlight plants that are good for the back that grow slowly.

Any recommendations on references for all these plants as in a link or anything? Have done the forum search but can't find anything, more to see what these plants look like. Spose google would be as good a place as any. Not bad considering I was goin to make the move to salt a few weeks ago, really getting into the planted tropical now

Back
Top Bottom