Plant suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bnpleco

Aquarium Advice Activist
What are some plants that work well in low- medium light, and no co2 or fertilization. I have 3 java ferns in their attached to drift wood.

I am a big fan of crypts, amazon swords (with root tabs), Money wort, Wistera, Java moss. you'll need to dose ferts, depending on what you have and what their needs are.

What exactly is your lighting and bulbs? This info would help alot for being able to suggest plants.

You could do Vals, corkscrew ones are a better size IMO for a 20g. Ambulia, Cabomba, Anacharis (if you not using liquid carbon), Rotala Indica (Rotala roundifolia), Pennywort, Myrio's, Narrowleaf Temple, just to name a few. Crypt Wendtii would add alittle color.

Low-Medium Light Plants

What are some plants that work well in low- medium light, and no co2 or fertilization. I have 3 java ferns in their attached to drift wood.

Hello bn...

All you really need for a well planted, low to medium light tank, in addition to your Java fern are: Anacharis (Brazilian water weed) and Pennywort both are floated, Singapore moss, and a couple of different species of Anubias, like nana and nangi.

Attached is a pic of a 55 G with those plants in it. The lighting is a couple of florescent bulbs from the hardware store. No special fertilizers, just what the fish produce and a lot of pure, treated tap water flushed through the tank every week.

Pretty simple.

B

Attachments

• WP Low Tech 55G.jpg
    WP Low Tech 55G.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom