Plant type?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niki

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ought another plant they can't identify, they have such good deals on plants right now!

It's greenish pink on top and a nice vibrant pink on the bottom....any guesses?

Attachments

• image-4046953789.jpg
    image-4046953789.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 96
thats not an undulatta red. I have one and the leaves are narrower and the plant is smaller itself. Im not sure what it may be. Good luck though!

Definitely not cryptocoryne undulata. Stem structure looks wrong.

Kinda looks like Ludwigia Glandulosa to me. Mine varies from bright green to a deep red depending on the lighting.

Does it look anything like this? Ludwigia Glandulosa

Alternanthera reineckii. Pretty sure it's either that or emersed L. glandulosa. Doesn't look like a crypt at all to me. It's growing like a stem plant (leaves branching off a stalk) rather than a crypt (branching from a central point).

I think your right about the reinnecki(sp) it looks alot alike and roots are similar!

I like this plant! Hope it grows well!

Thanks again guys, you are always so helpful!

skywhitney said:
Definitely not cryptocoryne undulata. Stem structure looks wrong.

Kinda looks like Ludwigia Glandulosa to me. Mine varies from bright green to a deep red depending on the lighting.

Does it look anything like this? Ludwigia Glandulosa

That post helped me ID a plant I've been growing for at least 4 years! Sooo happy you posted that pic. Got a ton of it on my back wall.
Thanks man.

CorallineAlgae said:
That post helped me ID a plant I've been growing for at least 4 years! Sooo happy you posted that pic. Got a ton of it on my back wall.
Thanks man.

Anytime :) glad it helped!

Is this the same plant? The store told me it was a hygrophila ?

Attachments

• image-720030952.jpg
    image-720030952.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2984739977.jpg
    image-2984739977.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 52
Plants can be tricky to ID sometimes because they will grow differently in different set ups. I have a plant that had large red leaves in a High Light High Tech tank. In my little no CO2 tank it's leaves are small and green. Poor thing. It's trying to adapt.

Gish said:
Is this the same plant? The store told me it was a hygrophila ?

Kinda looks the same to me, I see that you have roots growing out of the stem part like mine.

How bout this one. The lfs owner says cardamine.

image-2632698104.jpg

I thought bacopa. Can't find a good match on the web. Need expert opinions

Gish said:
How bout this one. The lfs owner says cardamine.

I thought bacopa. Can't find a good match on the web. Need expert opinions

Ludwigia repens. I have some that i got from petsmart for super cheap and it used to look exactly like that

Looks like bacopa to me. image from NEW! Lemon Bacopa (Bacopa Caroliniana) | Water Garden Blog Water Lilies and Pond Plants
bacopa_caroliniana1.jpg

Still not sure. Ludwigia repens is close. But mine doesn't even have a hint of red. I just got my t5ho lights today. Maybe better lighting will change this

Bacopa is close too. My leaves seem larger than the ones I've seen pictured

My lfs kills me. These are common plants. You would think they would know what they are ordering and selling

Back
Top Bottom