Plant uprooting?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have a lot of plant life in my 55 and for some reason my plant ( only one) keeps uprooting, could a fish be doing this or could they have been poorly placed?

Cool seems to be working

P.S. while re rooting the plant I flushed out a plethora of fry ( they all look female right now lol)

What kind of plant? I have the worst luck with the stem plants until they get rooted in--with the plants like the swords or the jungle vals, at least there are several leaves coming out of the root base and I can put some gravel in the center to weight it down until it roots.

Do what kind but it has small stems with lots of short green leaves all over it, they are sold in bunches ( still working on a pic )

Sounds like a stem plant. Just bury them pretty deep, maybe mound the substrate around them a bit.

Bubbles0oO said:
Do what kind but it has small stems with lots of short green leaves all over it, they are sold in bunches ( still working on a pic )

If its Anacharis they don't root well. They tend to float and grow fragile air roots.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom